SSFS is a collaborative effort of local designers, hair-dressers, make-up artists, models, photographers, as well as writers, bloggers numerous volunteers and all sponsors to promote Samoa fashion. The main objective for the show is to provide a platform where designers can showcase their art without the pressure of competition or high overhead costs involved in managing such events.
Building on the success of the first weave of the Samoa Sinnet Fashion Show (SSFS) in 2016, Founder Ms Enid Westerlund and the SSFS Executive present the 2nd year of the Samoa Sinnet Fashion Show to be streamed live by Talamua Media partnering with TV3 from the Taumeasina Island Resort on Friday, 14 July 2017 from 7.30pm.
This year, the Samoa Sinnet Fashion Show will showcase ten (10) collections by five (5) local designers and four (4) international designers. The theme “Royal Summer” represents their chosen charity which is highlighted by the colour purple.
The proceeds from the sinnet platform for 2017 will go towards “Young Artists with disabilities” from the “Young Artists Foundation” which was established in 2016. SSFS aims to fund art supplies and tools needed by the young artists with disabilities.
The 2017 Sinnet platform hopes to achieve the following objectives;
1. Provide equal opportunity for all designers, models, hair stylists, makeup artists, writers, bloggers and youth volunteers.
2. Donate to charities who continue to rely on the generosity of others to care for people.
3. Motivate and empower Samoa’s youth to pursue their dreams in exploring the creative arts and to realize that designing can be a lucrative career.
4. Inspire more designers to build confidence in their products and not be afraid to be innovative, bold and also launch their designs locally and internationally.
5. Empower young emerging artists through shared knowledge, mentoring and apprenticeships.
Tickets are as follows:
ROYAL SUMMER VIP Tickets $200 for the first two front row seats and access to the Pre-Show
TAUMEASINA TICKET $50 General Admission
Tickets are available from ENARA at Fugalei, or contact Enid Westerlund at Phone: Digicel (+685) 7726220 or email: email@example.com or visit https://samoasinnetfashionshow.com/ and Facebook (samoasinnetfashionshow) for more information.